Blue Ridge Foot Centers is here for all your foot care needs. Dr. Daniel Waldman is a board-certified podiatrist who teaches surgery internationally and can help you with any foot ailment. Visit us if you are experiencing foot pain in Asheville, NC.
Your feet take a lot of impact every day so foot pain is common, but we can help pinpoint the cause of your pain and start treatment. Having pain in your feet causes you to compensate for it while walking, which can lead to other injuries and problems. If you have foot pain and you've never seen a foot doctor, it's important for your diagnosis and treatment to see your podiatrist as soon as possible.
Common causes of foot pain
A very common cause of foot pain in Asheville, NC, is poor footwear choices. Shoes with high heels or narrow toe boxes force the toes together and contribute to bunions, hammertoes, calluses on the feet, and other foot deformities. Comfortable footwear that supports the arch and gives the toes room to wiggle can help you avoid a lot of foot woes! There are some of the common foot conditions we can help treat:
- Plantar fasciitis or heel pain happens when the thick band of muscle that runs along the sole of the foot becomes inflamed
- Neuromas are benign growths of nerves between the toes, another thing tight shoes can agitate
- Ingrown toenails happen when the edge of the toenail digs into the skin of the toe
- Heel spurs are growths on the underside of the heel bone and can be very painful
- Stress fractures are cracks in the bone caused by overuse. They can heal quickly with rest, but without treatment, they can also become complete fractures that will require a cast
We can help treat any of these foot conditions and more. If you have foot pain in Asheville, NC, visit Blue Ridge Foot Centers at blueridgefoot.com. Contact us for an appointment with Dr. Waldman at 828-254-5371.