Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
1. Don't ignore foot pain. It's not normal. If the pain persists, contact our office.
2. Inspect your feet regularly. Pay attention to changes in color and temperature. Look for thick or discolored nails (a sign of developing fungus), and check for cracks or cuts in the skin. Peeling or scaling on the soles of feet could indicate Athlete's Foot. Any growth on the foot is not considered normal.
3. Wash your feet regularly, especially between the toes, and be sure to dry them completely.
4. Trim toenails straight across, but not too short. Be careful not to cut nails in corners or on the sides; it can lead to ingrown toenails. Persons with diabetes, poor circulation, or heart problems should not treat their own feet because they are more prone to infection.
5. Make sure that your shoes fit properly. Purchase new shoes later in the day when feet tend to be at their largest, and replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
6. Select and wear the right shoe for the activity that you are engaged in (e.g. running shoes for running).
7. Alternate shoes -- don't wear the same pair of shoes every day.
8. Avoid walking barefooted. Your feet will be more prone to injury and infection. At the beach or when wearing sandals always use sunblock on your feet as the rest of your body.
9. Be cautious when using home remedies for foot ailments. Self-treatment can often turn a minor problem into a major one.
10. If you are a diabetic, contact our office and schedule a check-up at least once a year.
|Monday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Lunch: 12:00PM - 1:00PM
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM|